Reflection Questions for SPIRIT, November 24th:
1. How forgivable is Derek’s one beer? Do you react more like Anthony, Margaret, or Diane?
2. What do you think the consequences should be?
3. What example does Jesus give us in regard to forgiveness?
4. What do you find hard to forgive?
5. Where and how did Jesus reign today?
As we celebrate the Feast of Christ the King, we remember that Jesus’ power is not riches, fame, or political power but the power of love and forgiveness. Our culture celebrates glamorous royals and celebrity gossips, but as Christians we know that these things will not last forever. The song “Royals” is about the rejection of our earthly ideas of royalty in favor of something more substantial.
Key Lines: And we’ll never be royals / It don’t run in our blood / That kind of lux just ain’t for us / We crave a different kind of buzz / Let me be your ruler, you can call me Queen Bee / And baby I’ll rule (I’ll rule I’ll rule I’ll rule…) / Let me live that fantasy
Questions: How would you describe the kingdom of Jesus? How is Jesus like an earthly ruler? How is he different? What is our inheritance as daughters and sons of God? Who are examples of good or just leaders? What qualities do they possess?